HOURS & CONDUCT
- Elementary School Library Hours M-F 8:00-3:30
- Middle School Library Hours: 12:30-4:30 M-F
- Be respectful of the library and each other--which means that no running, shouting, rude or reckless behavior will be permitted
- Handle library materials and furniture with care
- Leave the library in better condition than it was when you came in--push in chairs, return unwanted materials to the shelving area, etc.
- Water bottles are permitted, but please no additional food or drink in the library (except as medically necessary)
The following policies have been taken from the 2013-2014 St. Francis Parent/Student Handbook
- Elementary Students – may check out 2 books due in 2 weeks
- 5th & 6th grades – may check out 3 books due in 2 weeks.
- 7th & 8th grades – may check 4 books due in 2 weeks.
Parents may check out books for themselves and their children. Books may be rechecked as often as needed, depending on requests by other patrons. While no fines will be charged for late returns, lost books must be replaced or paid for within 8 weeks of due date or by the last day of school (whichever comes first). Library clients run the risk of losing library privileges after repeated loss or late return of library materials. A book 4 weeks overdue will be considered lost and replacement cost will be charged. A book returned in a severely damaged condition will be considered unusable and the replacement cost will be charged. 3 books lost or damages within a 4 month period may result in the loss of the child’s library check-out privileges. A $50.00 deposit will be required to reinstate those privileges.
- Recreational reading is your right (& it's fun!)
- Not every book is the best choice for every reader. If a book is unappealing or offensive to you in any way, please return it and select another.
- You, the student (& your parents), know which reading materials best serve you and your standard of beliefs.